Thursday 21 July 2016

The Pink Pizza

I wouldn’t say I was a particularly girly girl – I’ve never been obsessed by make-up or boy bands… In fact, I’ve always been a bit of a tomboy. Mum could never get me in a dress and I was always out doing some sport in one form or another! I enjoyed spending time with dad though on little building projects in the garage – on one occasion we even made a wooden kart I could speed down our road in! The only typically girly thing that I did like was the colour pink – so here’s a recipe for the prettiest-looking pizza out there!


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:

300g beetroot, pickled in sweet malt vinegar
150g haloumi
100g hazelnuts
100g honey-roasted, wafer-thin ham

Method:
  1. This pizza is one of the simplest and quickest of all my recipes to make. So I recommend that you don’t start preparing the topping until the bases have finished proving and they have been taken out of the oven. Whilst the oven warms up to 210°C, complete steps 2-4.
  2. Using a liquidiser (or if you’re like me and have a hand-held blitzer – perfect for soups!), reduce the beetroot to a pulp and then spread this over the bases. I find beetroot is a nice alternative to the traditional tomato purée – and gives a lovely deep pink colour of course!
  3. Next, tear pieces of ham and sprinkle these on top, followed by the haloumi.
  4.  Dot over the hazelnuts.
  5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, which is just enough time for the haloumi and hazelnuts to be toasted perfection.
  6. Serve immediately and buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment