Friday 31 March 2017

Poutine Pizza

I’m not the most patient of people and struggle to wait for things I’m very excited about! I’ll always remember the night of Christmas Eve and the terrible time I had trying to get to sleep when all I could think about was if Santa was ever going to arrive with my stocking J Thankfully, I’ve got a bit better at waiting as I’ve got older – and I’ve had to be! I have to wait two months after my wedding day for my honeymoon to Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies. So to bide the time, I’ll just make some Canadian-inspired pizza recipes. I won’t be so stereotypical though as to go down the maple syrup route – instead, here’s my take on the Québec classic, Poutine – a dish of chips, cheese and gravy.


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
180g cream cheese
2 large potatoes
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Generous helping of red onion marmalade

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving, remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 210°C.
  2. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into thin slices and boil until tender.
  3. Spread the cream cheese onto the bases.
  4. After draining. add the potato slices to the bases
  5. Spread over as much red onion marmalade as you desire, followed by a sprinkling of the cheddar.
  6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
  7. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment