Friday 10 March 2017

Nor-way Jo-sé!

So the wedding preparations are coming along nicely and I've feel like I've got passed the stage of stressful worrying and I'm now able to really look forward to everything that's to come! Last weekend, me and Hubby-to-be had a 3-hour indoor ski lesson in preparation for what I like to call our 'pre-moon'. Turns out, despite my negativity, I'm actually not that bad - a relief considering we're off to Norway at the start of next month to kick-start the wedding countdown! So this pizza is a tribute to Norway and their Scandi cuisine which is somewhat popular in our household :)


To make the bases for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
6 tbsp tomato pureé
3 tbsp Kalles creamed smoked cod roe spread
3 eggs

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished from the oven, remove them from the oven and turn the heat up to 210°C. Now, because for this pizza, I don't particularly want to cook my topping for 10 minutes - I'm going to bake the bases separately. So whent he oven's ready, bake the bases without anything on top.
  2. While this is happening, boil the eggs in water for 10 minutes.
  3. Remove the bases from the oven and spread the tomato pureé over them, followed by the creamed smoked cod roe spread. Those of you particularly hot on your Scandinavian food brands will recognise that Kalles is actually Swedish... but close enough right? ;)
  4. Once the eggs are boiled, cool them in cold water before peeling the off the shell. Now for the fun bit! In your hands, squash the boiled eggs so they almost form crumb-like morsels - a technique I learnt whilst making egg mayonnaise as part of a summer catering job I had during my years at university.
  5. Spinkle the egg on top.
  6. To serve these warm, pop the pizzas in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes.
  7. Buon appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment