Saturday 4 March 2017

Pancake Day

Buttermilk, scotch, crêpes, blini... or if you’re from Finland: pannukakku. I love Pancake Day and it is a tradition I will vehemently follow every year for the rest of my life (even if I don’t end up sticking to Lent for the following 40 days!) There are so many different types originating from countries flung far and wide across the globe – and I haven’t even started on the potential toppings! Ashamedly I have to admit I haven’t been as inventive with my food combinations for pancakes (perhaps that’s my next venture right there when I’m all pizza-ed out??) and I still love the classics. Lemon and sugar will always remind me of my childhood whilst crêpes and Nutella will always take me back to school trips to France. Here though I pay homage to that good old American favourite – bacon and maple syrup!

To make the base for this pizza, please click here.


Ingredients:
8 rashers of bacon
125g mozzarella pearls
180g cream cheese
Drizzling of maple syrup

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving, take them out of the oven and allow to heat up to a temperature of 210°C.
  2. In the meantime, grill the bacon rashers until as crispy as you like (remember though, they are being baked for a further 10 minutes in the oven). Dab off any grease and cut into strips with scissors.
  3. Spread the cream cheese over the bases.
  4. Add the bacon strips and mozzarella.
  5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
  6. Before serving, drizzle a generous helping of maple syrup on top.
  7. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment