Friday 7 April 2017

Time for Tea

Afternoon tea surrounded by my favourite ladies at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London. Could there be a more perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon? I don’t think so. Especially considering I would dine on afternoon tea at every meal if I could and live in the St. Pancras Hotel if I could afford it! Alas, this is a once in a blue moon experience and one which I will endeavour to savour for as long as possible – so here it is, a pizza recipe I can recreate as many times as I like to act as a lasting memory of such a wonderful day.


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
180g cream cheese
Strips of smoked salmon
Slices of cucumber
2 spoonfuls egg mayo
Strips of ham
Dash of sandwich pickle

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving, remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 210°C.
  2. Now, I don’t know about you but to me, sandwiches should be eaten cold. Therefore, so should this pizza. As such, once the oven has reached the required temperature, bake the bases for 10 minutes without any topping. Leave to cool.
  3. Spread the cream cheese on top.
  4. In one quarter, add the strips of the smoked salmon.
  5. In another quadrant, top the cream cheese with the cucumber slices.
  6. Repeating the process, add the egg mayo which can be bought pre-prepared in supermarkets.
  7. In the final quarter, top with the strips of ham and add a dash of sandwich pickle if desired.
  8. Buon appetito! 


No comments:

Post a Comment