Friday 13 January 2017

My Jen-Do Pizza!

So as the title of this blog post suggests, it's part 1 (of 3!) of my Hen-Do (or Jen-Do as I've taken to calling it). To celebrate my upcoming nuptials, I'm off to Barcelona with my family for a long weekend!! We haven't had a holiday together in over 4 years and so I thought it was high-time the Johannes treated themselves to some Spanish sun! Not sure the temperatures will be blistering in January but we're still all very excited nevertheless! And here is my homage to some Spanish cuisine... although I won't be labelling it a paella - we all saw what trouble that caused Jamie Oliver...


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:

6 tbsp tomato purée
Slices of chorizo
2 handfuls of cooked, peeled prawns
1x 285g jar of roasted peppers
3 eggs

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving, remove them from the oven and turn the heat up to 210°C. This is a very simple recipe to follow as most of the ingredients have already been pre-prepared for you... 
  2. The majority of the effort comes here. In a pan of boiling water, place the eggs for 10 minutes. Cool them in cold water until you can peel the shell and then cut each one in half.
  3. Next, simply spread the tomato purée over the bases and on top, lay the slices of chorizo - the number is dependent on your tastes - in my opinion, the more the merrier!
  4. Scatter the prawns, followed by the roasted peppers.
  5. Arrange the boiled egg quarters around the pizza so that no slice will be without!
  6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
  7. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment