Wednesday 4 January 2017

A salad for those who love carbs...

Now don't get me wrong, I love a salad. Caesar, Cobb, Garden... you name it, I'll probably like it! Problem is, they're never very filling! If I'm out at a restaurant and I order one for my main, my smugness over choosing the healthy option is soon overshadowed by a growling hunger later on in the evening! Therefore I have decided to combine two culinary feats so that you too can still feel proud for choosing a Waldorf salad - but also cunning for knowing that it will fill you up for longer!


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:

2 sticks of celery
A bunch of grapes
A handful of lettuce leaves
A sprinkling of nuts of your choice, chopped
Mayonnaise in which to toss the salad

Method:
  1. Bake the bases in the oven for 10 minutes at 210°C and then leave to cool. Because you'll be topping them with a salad, it's best they aren't piping hot to save runny mayonnaise!
  2. Meanwhile, the salad itself can be made. It's so simple, all that's required is a mix of all the ingredients in a bowl with the mayonnaise - et voilĂ !
  3. Top the bases with the salad and there you have it - a pizza fit for a health-conscious, carb-loving foodie!
  4. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment