Saturday 18 June 2016

Fajita Pizza

Before I went off to university I couldn’t cook. At all. Mum was worried (quite understandably!) that I might starve so decided it would be best if she gave me a crash course in a few dishes. One of these dinners was fajitas. Simple, quick and yummy, it soon became my favourite (and my staple)… I became known for them. Not because I was an amazing fajita chef, but because I ate them a lot! Nowadays I have much more of a balanced diet, but I thought a pizza to pay homage to my time at university (which undoubtedly kick-started my love of cooking!) was only right, so here it is.


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
2 peppers
2 red onions
½ tsp paprika
120g cheddar cheese
350g salsa
A drizzling of guacamole and sour cream

Method:
  1. As is only right for this pizza considering the history I have with fajitas, this is a really simple one to make. So, while the bases are proving in the oven, prepare the topping.
  2. Slice the peppers and onions into delicate strips, along with the chicken breasts. Fry these ingredients together with ½ tsp of paprika for that authentic Mexican flavour. Obviously more can be added if you’re comfortable with spicy food. However, for me, a korma is pushing my limits so I always tend to err on the side of caution!
  3. When the bases have finished proving, remove them and turn the oven to 210°C so that it has time to warm up.
  4. Spread the salsa evenly over each base and top with the fajita filling mix of chicken, peppers and onion.
  5. Grate over approximately 120g of cheddar and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
  6. When they’re out, the guacamole and sour cream can be drizzled over as a finishing touch.
  7. Buon appetito! 



No comments:

Post a Comment