Monday 30 May 2016

Honey Roasted Parsnip and Cashew Pizza

Now, considering I have dedicated this blog to my love of pizzas, I wouldn't blame you if thought being heathy wasn't high on my list of priorities... But you'd be wrong. The right nutrition and regular exercise are very important to me - I just also happen to think that everything in moderation can be good for you! And that includes pizza. If you believe the hype, root vegetables are one of the best food groups out there thanks to their ability to boost your vitamins, not to mention your beta. 

The trouble is, I don't like them very much so I came up with this pizza. Get your nutritional brownie points, without all the suffering!


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

For the carrot purée base:
300g carrots
3 tsp olive oil

Other ingredients:
1 parsnip
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Drizzling of honey
125g mozzarella pearls
175g honey roasted cashews (luckily these can be bought already roasted)

Method:
  1. While the bases are proving in the oven, the topping can be prepared.
  2. First of all, peel and chop the carrots. Boil them until tender and drain.
  3. My dad is a huge fan of homemade smoothies, so much so, that the gentle whirring of the juicer has become normality at breakfast. It's thanks to him that I decided to step away from the traditional tomato base and experiment with other flavours. Blitz the boiled carrots with 3 tsp of olive oil to help slacken the purée.
  4. Peel and chop the parsnip and transfer into a saucepan. Over a medium heat, fry the chucks in a drizzling of honey and oil, as well as 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
  5. Remove the dough from the oven and turn the heat up to 210°C.
  6. Spread the purée and dot all over, the parsnips, mozzarella and cashews.
  7. When the oven has reached the required temperature, cook the pizzas for 10 minutes.
  8. Buon appetito! 

1 comment: