Monday 16 May 2016

Asian-Inspired Pizza

Years ago, if someone said “sushi”, my stomach would instantly turn at the thought of eating my way through a serving of raw fish. Maybe I’ve grown up, maybe my palate has matured, but now I can’t get enough of it! My love of this Japanese cuisine led me to create this recipe – perfect for some al fresco dining on a warm summer’s evening.


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
1 mashed avocado
60g smoked salmon cut into strips
¼ of a cucumber cut into ribbons using a potato peeler
A couple of pinches of sesame seeds
A sprinkling of soy sauce

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving and you’ve taken them out, turn the oven to 210°C.
  2. This pizza recipe is slightly different as I’ve found that with the toppings I’m using, it’s actually better cold. When the oven has reached the required temperature, bake the bases (with no topping) for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
  3. Mash an avocado in a bowl with a fork. I have now discovered the joy of using frozen avocados - no longer do I have to spend what seems like an age, meticulously squeezing all the avocados in the supermarket seeing which ones are ripe enough to cook with! All I do is defrost them in the fridge the night before and they’re ready to go!
  4. Spread the mashed avocado over the two bases.
  5. Cut the smoked salmon into strips and sprinkle on top.
  6. Cut the cucumber with the potato peeler and add to the pizzas.
  7. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and soy sauce.
  8. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment