Saturday 19 November 2016

“Well that’s just peachy!”

As I come up with more and more recipes for this blog, I have discovered a lot about my style of cooking and the ingredients to which I tend to gravitate. I’m definitely one for experimenting – I don’t like to be stifled by the rigidity and rules of a recipe (hypocrite you might say considering the nature of these posts!) Where’s the fun in not knowing exactly how a dish might turn out?! I’m also a fan of Mediterranean flavours, as well as combining unusual food together to create something unexpected. So this recipe could be considered typical of me and the food I like to cook – enjoy.


To make the base for this pizza, please click here.

Ingredients:
140g cream cheese
1x 410g can of peach slices
75g wafer thin ham
2 handfuls of pistachio nuts
Generous drizzling of honey

Method:
  1. When the bases have finished proving and you've taken them out, turn the oven to 210°C.
  2. As with some of my other bakes, I prefer to eat this one cold - however, if you do want to eat it hot, it can always go in the microwave for a couple of minutes before serving. So, when the oven has reached the required temperature, bake the bases for 10 minutes without any toppings. Remove and leave to cool down.
  3. Spread over the cream cheese and dot over your peach slices.
  4. Tear the ham into strips - for that more rustic look! - and add this as well.
  5. Sprinkle over your pistachio nuts and finish off with a generous helping of honey.
  6. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment